Let's face it, as much as we try to avoid it, things happen to our carpet. From coffee stains, wine stains, blood stains, pet stains, and more. Here are a few ways to try and get rid of those stains yourself, before calling in the carpet cleaners.
Remove Coffee Stains From Carpet
- Dry the spot by blotting with a dry white towel.
- Try the mixture of vinegar, water, and a gentle, non-bleach detergent first - spray, rinse, and repeat.
- If that doesn't work try, preparing a mixture of 1/4 cup of bleach to 1 cup and 1/4 of water in a spray bottle. Soak with the mixture, blot, rinse with warm water, and repeat until the carpet stain disappears.
- Remove Wine Stains From Carpet
- Blot wine spot to remove as much wine as you can with a towel or paper towel.
- In a small bowl, pour two cups of warm water. Mix one tablespoon of white vinegar and one tablespoon of dish washing liquid.
- Sponge or dab the spot with this mixture until gone.
- Remove Blood Stains From Carpet
- ALWAYS use cold water, not warm or hot water.
- Mix a couple tablespoons of dish detergent with cold water and spray or wet the area with the solution.
- Dab and soak up as much as you can with a towel, rinse towel in cold water, repeat until gone.
*not a home solution, but OxiClean is a great store solution that works great for blood stains.*